ERDCWERX will host WERXMASH, a forum for DEFENSEWERX innovation hubs and their government partners, to identify new collaboration and project opportunities related to high performance computing (HPC), distributed computing, and edge computing.
Government partners of DEFENSEWERX include the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Air University (AU), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), NavalX, Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), and U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).
WERXMASH is an opportunity for DEFENSEWERX government partners to 1) share Technology Focus Areas (TFAs) in High Performance Computing and 2) identify opportunities for DEFENSEWERX government partners and innovation hubs to work collaboratively to find solutions and share ideas.
The WERXMASH model includes a series of steps that support intergovernmental collaboration and results in:
- Strategy – prioritize shared needs, establish goals, identify implementation resources
- Market – conduct “tech challenges” that identify applicable solutions from industry and academia
- Convening – host an event for down-selected offerors and government reps to network and facilitate pitch sessions and demonstrations
- Pilot – Undertake pilot implementation of solution(s) of interest and inform specifications for broader adoption of successful pilots
1622 Washington Street, Suite 300
Tuesday, October 25
5:30 pm Reception and Dinner
Wednesday, October 26
8:30 am – 4:50 pm
- Introduction to WERXMASH (support intergovernmental collaboration, focus on prioritized topics)
- Identification of HPC needs among government partners
- Facilitated discussion regarding shared interests and near-term priorities
- Tour of U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)’s Information Technology Laboratory including HPC center
How to Participate
Interested parties must register no later than 5:00 pm CST October 24, 2022.
Originally published ERDCWERX